Jean Pain

I'm interested in the Jean Pain method. How of you methanogens has experience with the Jean Pain mehtod?

Forums: 

I heated my son's kiddie pool to 30 C with grass clippings in our compost bin in Germany and now we have heated Janice Kelsey's two cubic meter (two IBC) biogas system to 30 C in her back yard (with ambient temps dropping to less than 10 C;now we are heading to winter and will know more).

It's really getting cold and should hit freezing tonight.  Our compost system was a simplified version of the Jean Pain Design.  Right now we're still producing plenty of biogas for our needs.  I forsee a possible point of hibernation in the next month or two, but we're going to do everything possible to keep Gertrude and Lawrence chugging along, even if at a slow pace.  Next year we'll add some serious pex tubing into the manure pile and some piping to keep it oxygenated since we have to keep in mind that compost is aerobic, while biodigesting is anaerobic.  

Hi Janice,

wondering if you can give me an update about your digesters output and the current temperature... :)

www.chaseandsnow.com - websites & marketing